To All Family Members: VALLEYLIFE Response to COVID-19
VALLEYLIFE has taken numerous steps to limit community spread of the COVID-19. We are following recommendations of Governor Doug Ducey and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, some of which include:
- Unvaccinated staff and visitors must complete a Self-Assessment Checklist and have their temperature taken upon arrival at all VALLEYLIFE facilities. Entry will be denied based on answers to questions on the checklist.
- Visitors and unvaccinated staff at VALLEYLIFE’s main campus are required to wear a face mask while inside all buildings/common areas.
- Unvaccinated staff must wear a face mask in our group homes, DTAs, and all other VALLEYLIFE facilities.
- We continue to educate staff about proper hand washing techniques. Signs have been posted throughout our facilities.
- Large gatherings of our Members have been canceled.
- We have limited staff attendance at outside meetings/functions.
- VALLEYLIFE is using teleconferences and emails for internal staff meetings to avoid unnecessary face-to-face contact.
- Outings for fully vacclnated Members are permitted on a limited basis.
As we navigate these uncertain times, VALLEYLIFE is carefully considering how we operate under this “new normal.” VALLEYLIFE will continue to monitor the situation and make changes as needed.
All of our decisions are being made in the best of interests of our Members and your loved ones.The health and safety of our Members and staff is our top priority. We appreciate your support.
At VALLEYLIFE, everyone matters. No person in our community should ever be overlooked or ignored because of a physical or mental disability. Sadly, every day here in Arizona, that’s exactly what happens.
Without VALLEYLIFE, many of those we serve would be forgotten, abandoned, or become homeless or imprisoned.
VALLEYLIFE is a nonprofit organization which provides services to individuals with disabilities to enhance their quality of life. We are committed to helping individuals with disabilities in our community by enriching their lives with rewarding experiences and valuable opportunities. We enable them to live a life with choices, independence and dignity. Our services are delivered through our caring and dedicated staff, specialized programs and advocacy.
VALLEYLIFE is a 501(c)3 organization. Since 1947, we have been assisting individuals with disabilities in the greater Phoenix community in the pursuit of a full and meaningful life.
VALLEYLIFE offers production services including shrink wrapping, order fulfillment, assembly, sorting, kitting, labeling and packaging, as well as services in the janitorial, customer service, retail and restaurant industries.
Our members represent diverse ethnic backgrounds and range in age from one to more than 86 years old. VALLEYLIFE members’ diagnoses range from physical, developmental and cognitive disabilities, to behavioral health diagnoses, age-related conditions, mental illness and traumatic brain injury.
We service a full range of disabilities and by supporting such a broad spectrum of individuals; we have an in depth understanding of how disability affects each person’s life and what support they need. This allows us to successfully customize our state-of-the-art, innovative offerings to fit the unique goals of each and every person we serve. Additionally, without focusing on a specific disability, we are able to serve a greater number of people.
At VALLEYLIFE, we understand that while our members may all have very different diagnoses, they all share the need to live full, happy and independent lives, and we are dedicated to ensuring their success.
Our main campus is located in the Sunnyslope area of Phoenix, AZ. We are located at 1142 W. Hatcher Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85021. Please come by and take a tour. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Fry's V.I.P Card Helps Support VALLEYLIFE
You can support VALLEYLIFE by shopping at Fry's! Through the Fry's Community Rewards Program, you can register your V.I.P Card and earn rewards for VALLEYLIFE every time you shop.
In order to continue your support of VALLEYLIFE, you will need to re-enroll your Fry's V.I.P Card each year, beginning in August.
To re-enroll, or to enroll for the first time, click the link below. Thank you for your support!